Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Gotta get down on Friday

So after the first full week back to work I was really looking forward to Friday.
I was stoked because the CanadaCrew girls and I had purchased a GroupOn to go see Avenue Q (a musical).
So how else would we start it off then food (obviously).

We first tried to go to Golden Turtle for Pho on Ossington.
When we got there however there was a sign saying closed for Christmas (boo).
So we headed down the street to Photien Thanh Vietnamese Restaurant.
Pic from here
We quickly all caught up and giggles and stories ensued.
I told them about my most amazing New Years in Miami.
And it was great to get out of cold rainy weather and eat yummy Pho.
Pic from here
After that we headed to the lower ossington theatre.
A smaller theatre on Ossington.
Pic from here
We grabbed glasses of wine/beer (depending on preference).
And settled in to watch Avenue Q.
I literally had NO idea what to expect.


Here's the synopsis from the playbill.
"Avenue Q is a laugh-out-loud musical that tells the timeless story of a recent college grad named Princeton who movies into a shabby New York apartment all the way out on Avenue Q.  There, he meets Kate (the girl next door), Rod (the Republican), Trekkie (the internet sexpert), Lucy the Slut (need we say more?), and other colourful types who help Princeton finally discover his purpose in life!"

Pic from here
And we quickly found ourselves giggling away to this rather inappropriate musical.
Here is a TV friendly preview from a news station.


Here is the list of songs from the playbill...which should give you an idea to the umm adult nature of this.

We all enjoyed it immensely.

Afterward Laurel and I met up with her fiance and B and C to grab a drink and watch them play pool at Billiards Academy and Sports.

Not really my style but oh well.
As you know I've been selectively avoiding B.  
So of course he messaged me the very next day inviting me out again..."just the two of us".  
Ugh and I only say ugh because I feel extremely guilty about it.
None the less it was great to catch up with the CanadaCrew girls and I can't wait until our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment