Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Update

Okay let's get down to what this weekend was.
How quickly did it fly by?
For me super fast.

So Friday...after a nutso work week I met up with Eva for a hot yoga class.
It was awesome and my knee didn't bother me one bit!
We may take up this studio on their offer for the a month at $40.

The instructor was Asian and was most of the ladies in the class.
And her son is living in Singapore.
So we had a fun quick chat before hand.
Her accent certainly took me back to my yoga instructors in Singapore.
Which did not help with my current tactic at deciding on the job offer in Singapore (ie. try NOT to think about it).

After that I came home a good sweaty mess.
I wanted to jump on eHarmony but I refrained because after all what kind of cool person would I be sitting at home on a Friday night.
So I was just sort of lazying around avoiding the web when this message came in...

Just want you to know I love you and will be ready soon and wanted to know if you still will be.

I tried to ignore it.

I am much better and its not complicated anymore.  I want us Teagan, just wanted to make sure you will still be there I love you.

I still tried to ignore it.

I wanted to completely process it so I can be 100% present and emotionally available to you and us.  Do you still want us?  I love you, I think we would work and be great together.

So I cracked and messaged him back.
I told him I would see him and see what was there because to be honest I don't know what will be.
I haven't seen him in more than two years.
And I'm trying to move forward with my life.
But I don't know if I"m strong enough to cut him out completely.
Is there a possiblity of us...I'm not sure.
There are things about him that I don't think will change that are important to me.
So the best I can do is see with him.
I'm not sure how much I'm actually depending on it because let's face it he's been kind of a flake.

And I'm intrigued by people I'm seeing on the web.
I find myself laughing out loud to some of the communication (in a great way).
So I think I will see what also comes of that.
And maybe Jacob's time has come and gone.

Saturday
I woke up and drank a nice hot coffee while finishing the book One Day.


And I hated it.
I won't spoil it for anyone but I disliked.
Cool concept...didn't like what happened with it.
Super annoyed...but might still be curious enough to watch the movie.
Here's the trailer.


So then I met up with Val for lunch at Yorkdale mall.
And we headed over to Michaels to meet Duff!
And I got him to sign my copy of his book Ace of Cakes.



He was really fun and chatty.
He told us he wrote his portion of the book in one afternoon.
He took his laptop and rode his Vespa to the beach.
He said he has ADD and he wouldn't be able to keep at it so he solved that problem by just hammering it out.
It was my first celebrity encounter (I think) and it was pretty fun.

After Val and I headed back to scope out the brand new first Canadian J Crew and Top Shop that just opened.
Both fun and both gorgeous.
I wanted to buy a zillion things in J Crew.
And I loved how their window had We Heart Maple Leaf neon lights.


This was opening weekend (glad we didn't have to wait in line!


The inside was beautifully set up.
One of the nicer J Crew's if I do say so myself.




I stumbled across this opening invitation which I thought was cute and perfectly geared to Canadians.



I didn't realize it had been open this long but I don't always get out to Yorkdale.
Both of us were very impressed with JCrew and both lamented our current thin wallet status and the lack of JCrew buying power we had.
Well we can always save up we decided.

With that we headed over to TopShop which I like decidingly more after living in Singapore and reading up on my fav magazine UK Glamour.
Very impressed with the store and found the clothes trendy, well made and more reasonable then J Crew.
Check out these pics.







How cool would it be to use this section??
One day I will totally splurge on a personal shopper.
Maybe they can help me figure out my curvy body shape.


The rest of the day I did laundry and avoided eHarmony (becuase again I didn't want to portray a girl at home on a Saturday night haha).

Sunday
I woke up this morning and decided it was time to attempt to run again.
So I resorted to the very beginning of the C25K program I started ages ago.
With my fingers crossed to not repeat the knee issue I had in the summer.
So far so good which makes me super excited to continue.

I then headed to the grocery store and prepared stuff for the week.
And I decided that a Sunday afternoon was a perfectly acceptable time to be active on the EH website.
So I did and I really enjoy it.
It's fun to flirt and see what's out there.

I am about to head out for another yoga class with Eva.
It has been a pretty good low key weekend if I do say so myself.
How was yours???



Pics from here, here, here and here.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on One Day. I really enjoyed the book until the end and then I was just pissed!!! Haven't watched the movie and not sure I can bring myself to do it. I'm super jealous that you got to meet Duff. I love Ace of Cakes! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend and you'll just have to see what comes of the online and ex situations. You'll figure it out I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @AnEarly30- ME TOO!!! I was so mad at the end of that book. So annoying but the preview makes it look good...here's hoping for an alternate ending haha.

    ReplyDelete