Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cake Decorating Class Two

Week Two was a bigger challenge.
We had to make a cake to torte (ie. add filling in the middle layer).
I wish I had taken step by step pictures.

Here were the prep instructions.


We learned how to do gel transfers.
And ice a cake.
And torte (ie. Fill) a cake.



Val, Eva and I took some liberty with colour choices.
We swapped out boring blue for fabulous pink.
Here is how mine turned out.




And yes there are crumbs you can see in the frosting.
And it's definitely not smooth.
Oopsie.
You can see that Eva's (above) is much much smoother and perfectly symmetrical.
At least I had a treat for my staff this week.

Next week is cupcakes and flowers.
We are using it to make cupcakes for Quinn's baby shower we are throwing next weekend.




Pics are from the Wilton Course One Book.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! So cute! You did such a great job! And you're only going to get better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) No one will notice the completely crooked cake hhahaha ...not like I want to start a bakery or anything and it has been fun at least.

    ReplyDelete