Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Yipes how did this week fly by?!

Yikes how did this week fly by?
Which I suppose is a good thing.
It seemed kind of rough.

I had sort of a stressful time at work.
Many factors but mainly I'm just stressed about being able to generate enough income for my work to justify having me there.
And this has me stressed to the max.
AND they JUST added someone else in my division (not my position).
However, I am perplexed as to why add on at this point when I clearly haven't generated enough growth.  Ack!!! So needless to say I have been on edge.

So this week sort of went like this...

Monday was ridiculously fun.  I met up with Eva and we met up with Val and Quinn for a quick dinner than Harry Potter 3D IMAX and it was awesome.   I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed it immensely.

Funny to think that it has been 10 years in the making.
Funny how that is a longer relationship then both Spencer AND Jacob.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was pretty much work and home and stress

Friday Eva and I went to a hot yoga class and it was GREAT.
It has been the first time I've done something since taking a break (due to my knee).
Though it was noticibly weaker when my left leg had to do the supporting things on it...it seemed okay.  Well it is still swollen and stuff but it worked.
So it makes me excited to possibly increase yoga and see how it goes.
I'm also have felt in a funk because this crappy knee injury has me on 0 activity.
Then we made Chicken Parmagian and watched 500 Days of Summer.
Which I liked even though parts made me mad.

Today (well tonight) I am in my hometown.
Tomorrow morning is my cousin's baby's Baptism.
I got the guilt tripped into coming.

Why was I planning on avoiding it?
Because it will be my whole large family.
And there will be many rounds of "How can I one up you?" and "Backhanded complements"
I'm secretly terrified.

It began as any other family event began.
My mum thought I should get my hair done (so I did).
And that turned into a manicure and then a pedicure...that I talked myself out of and just did a file and fresh coats of nailpolish.
Suzi  & the Lifeguard in case you were wondering.

I know I shouldn't whine about these things.
It is just the way that if I didn't I would be not good enough or not up to par.

Then I grabbed my dog and headed to my brothers for the night.
Part of me thinks I should have tried to be more social being in town.
Maybe call my cousin Bella or my friend Shelby.
But instead I am watching Tangled with my dog.


Sometimes I put myself right into the position I detest the most.
It's totally my own fault.
To put a positive spin (obviously desperately needed)...I think things will change once I move next weekend into my new place.
In all reality I am in control of where I am.
I just need to remember that more often.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her.
But once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.

I need to stop playing like I've already lost...
Just saying.

Pics from here, here, here, here

No comments:

Post a Comment