Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Saturday Night in the 'Loo (from Junos' weekend)

**Okay I was saving this as a draft because I wanted to add a picture of my KimKardashian inspired/accepting my body outfit...you know how I do the standing on a toilet outfit shots...which by the way I borrowed this idea from the fabulous lady over at modgblog.com... from her blog..

"Why do you stand on your toilet?
Contrary to popular internet belief, this is not to be funny or jokey. I don’t have a full length mirror and this is the only way I can see my shoes. And you best know I won’t leave the house without the full frontal."

Couldn't agree more...anywho I haven't gotten around to it but wanted to put this post up so here it is sans (without in some language) the obligatory standing on the toilet outfit shot** 

Remember when I did the short weekend recap (read here).
Here's how Saturday went down.
I drove to the 'loo (that's Waterloo) I wrote a brief description of why I would hit up the 'Loo here (read)


We were going to stay at Shelby's friend Mandy's home.
She is a super sweet nice girl.
Total runway model type...you know really thin and tall (I swear she was 6feet tall) and pretty.
And she is also a wonderful teacher.


She made us shrimp stirfry for dinner and then we started having some wine and getting all dressed up to go out.
It was so so super fun to get ready with girls.  We had music going and trying on different outfits and accessorizing.  It was really fun.
We all discussed "types" we decided the tall boys would go to Mandy and I would get my type because the girls weren't really interested in my type of guys (gym rats basically...beefy big guys).
I had my new Kim Kardashian outfit on. (I seriously think she would wear this).
It was all from Canadian store Aritzia.


The skirt was a panelled mini (but not too short or Jane would have made me give it away haha).
And there was a crop top involved (obviously layered over a tank)...how funny that these are back in style it totally remind me of something Tori Spelling might have worn in 90210.
Over top of the crop top (remember layering people) I wore a black boyfriend blazer.
Pair that with some patent black TALL pumps and I was ready to go.
I even "stacked" my watch with a chunky bracelet to add interest.


Off we were to the Flying Dog.
As we walked in for some reason I felt totally overwhelmed.
It was jam packed.  I just felt really weird and overwhelmed...I'm not quite sure to how to describe the feeling.  The place was JAM packed and everyone in their finest pick up gear.


We snaked our way through the crowd to the bar and ordered drinks.
Then after quickly downing one we made a "round" of the bar scoping out cute boys etc.
Before heading back to the bar for another drink (again I'm not sure how girls go and have boys pay for all their drinks I'm pretty sure that has never happened to me).


We then made our way to the dance floor.
Within 2 songs...Mandy was making out on the dance floor with a cute boy.
I was kind of bobbing around and all of a sudden Shelby leans past me to this boy who was sort of behind/beside me.
And she yelled at him "have you met my friend Teagan" (obviously not...boy was this about to be akward).
I smiled shyly and reached out my hand (you still shake hands right???)


And then Shelby kept going..."we are celebrating her tonight because she passed all her tests...shes a BLANK (which I HATE saying that in social settings...and Shelby is in the same profession as me!)...isn't she beautiful???"  I went 8 shades of red.
This was becoming embarrassing...and way to put that guy on the spot.
So I tried to laugh it off.
Shelby then danced over to some other guy and starting making out.


So I smiled nervously at the dude (he was "my type").
And we started chatting and semi dancing together.
We actually ended up hanging out and talking all night.
He was really nice and we kind of laughed and watched as the girls got a little more plastered.


Eventually we were flirting (I think) and he had his hand on my low back (love that by the way).
Then Shelby came over again and said to him "could you please get her to loosen up"
Great (sarcasm) I felt like such an idiot.  I thought I was doing well...which I said to the dude "well I guess my friends think I'm totally socially inept" and tried to laugh it off.


Eventually it got to be about 1:30am and I noticed Mandy dancing with a different (way more of a creeper type guy) so I was like all thumbs up/thumbs down...and she shrugged but looked worried enough that I pulled a rescue mission and headed over all "there you are I've been looking all over for you ...lets go dance" so I could pull her away from the creeper.  We started looked for Shelby who we found kind of irritated and slightly leaning/sitting in a chair.  So I was like "umm I think it's time to go home".  Shelby put up a little bit of a fight but I was like "uhhhh clearly Mandy needs to go home" she was a little sway-ey at that point too.


So the nice dude I was taking to before actually caught up to and walked us to the front and Shelby and Mandy went to get their coats from coat check.
When they got back Mandy asked "sooo did you get her number yet???"
Again I was just embarrased and said "well I guess I need to give you my number..."
He smiled and nodded and then kind of laughed and said "gotta love babysitting."


Well Shelby heard this and got very angry...like confrontational angry.
She leaned over and basically yelled at him "listen...we are HER friends...if WE don't like you SHE won't like you...you don't need to be an asshole".  I thought that this was a little harsh actually.
I was embarrassed and sort of apologized and said "I probably should get them home...it was really nice to meet you I had fun."  Then I ushered them out as Shelby kept going on about what a jerk he was.


So we find a cab right away and hop in. 
Mandy was in the middle and said "I think I need to sit by a window" (uh-oh) so I slid under her and switched spots.
I said "do you feel okay Mandy?"
She couldn't even nod yes...so  I quickly asked the cab driver if he had a bag and good thing too because as soon as we got one open...Mandy puked for the entire 20 minute cab ride home.
Poor thing was so so sick.


We got home and all headed to bed.
When I woke up Sunday I felt so so awful.
Which was weird because I had drank the least out of everyone.
Over an 8 hour period I had...7 drinks.  Now wonder I felt so awful!!!
I can't remember the last time I had 7 drinks and even though I wasn't acting all drunk it was way too much for my system.  Gross I felt totally awful! 
And so did both the girls...they were nowhere near getting off the couch when I had to leave.
But I had no time to feel awful because I was off to the Junos that night (read here).


On the way home I did a lot of thinking.
So THIS is what is like to be single and go to the bars.
Gosh I totally have no hope.
And honestly it wasn't really that fun.
Let's just hope my social activities improve.
It would be nice to think that it is still possible in the future for me to meet someone to have a meaningful relationship with. 
Obviously I wasn't thinking I was going to meet anyone that night but I hope that there are better socializing activities than that because I was apparently very uptight and socially akward.
I told Eva on Monday when we hung out (read here) that if this is what being "single" is like and how you meet people then I give up! 
She was encouraging and said I should try the whole online dating thing.
We will see...I think I still need more "me" focus time before I consider that.

No comments:

Post a Comment