Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crossroads...not just a Britney Spears movie title...


I'm having a bit of a freak out...panic attack...reached crossroads in my life
and it's kind of like "now what????".
Before I was waiting to see if I passed my tests and now I did.
I can work in my career in Canada.

Now I'm stuck.
Well I guess I mean that in two senses of the word "stuck".
I'm "stuck" here in Canada (insert sad face) almost feels like a jail sentance (okay I know I'm being a TAD melodramatic).
I'm "stuck" in the sense like my feet are glued to the ground and I can't quite seem to make that next step...ie. look for jobs that I would actually consider.

You would think I would have spent these last weeks revamping my CV/resume and being ready to go out the gate and I just didn't.
I guess my main problem is how to gloss over the fact that I haven't worked since May 2010 in my field.
Ummm I'm guessing most employers will not be super impressed by me cutting short a contract in Asia to follow my fiance/pseudo-husband back to this hemisphere of the world.
I never anticipated it would be THIS long before I would be able to work again.
I was already licensed in the USA so we thought it would only take a few weeks but with the immigration issues it ended up being much longer and well now of course it has turned out like this.

I'm humiliated and embarrased.
Also cut to the fact that I don't have a letter of recommendation from my last two employers.
I did ask and they said they would do one but I guess I didn't pester enough to actually get them.

So I just feel stuck.
Then add to the mix that I'm just NOT excited to work here and that is sucking big time.
So then I start to look internationally...which will lead to all kind of death threats from the family and friends (I'm kidding...sort of).

So what do I do???
I feel like I'm standing at a fork in the road
and have absolutely no idea which direction to step in.
Well there is one road I want but it is not available to me.

I guess the first step is to organize my "bags" (resume/CV).
Grab a map and try to decipher what the available "roads" (places) for me are.
Just try to travel a road...and see how quickly a roadblock pops up.
Because YES I am anticipating some roadblocks.

If there were directions signs I feel like they would read like this...not entirely encouraging.






pics from here, here,

No comments:

Post a Comment