Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Beauty Department

So how excited was I when I read this article on imnotobsessed.com???
These key words jumped out at me (obviously)
Lauren Conrad...Launch...Beauty...Fashion...
I was so excited that I happily clicked on through the link to her new website!!!


It is called The Beauty Department and it launched yesterday!

I love it.  I devoured the website clicking on every single subsection. 
It is a new site so I was able to check out every single section.

More Lauren is always better in my world.
Which is my only critique of the site...wish there was more stuff directly from "Lauren".
There things that are on the website reminded me of her book Lauren Conrad Style (that I wrote about here).

The main subsections include:

Tutuorials (love)
Easy to follow steps on things I need to practice more...like the perfect red lip and fun ways to update a ponytail etc.

Hair
Pretty much the same things as the Tutorial section which is nice that they break down "how to"s...as the website continues I expect it will obviously grow in beauty resources.

Makeup
Similar to the other sections (likely because it JUST launched yesterday).

Obsessions
This seems like it will be the "trendy" section with neat things like Ombre Nails...gee Ombre is getting into everything lately!

Inspirations
There is only one right now and that is Kate Hudson...I like how they describe and throw together pictures of the celebrity.  Hopefully they will also incorporate real women too as Inspirations kind of like how Glamour takes pictures of women with style for their mag.  I'm sure there is no shortage of beauty and style inspiration in places like LA and NYC.

This or That
Is the section for crowd participation.  The first entry is Blow Dry versus Natural Dry Hair.

About Us (which is basically is a description of what it is...)

photo: angela+ithyle/thebeautydepartment.com

"We are so excited to be launching thebeautydepartment.com!
This is a site for anyone who’s ever had a beauty question or gotten into a fight with a hair brush and lost. We’ll be covering all kinds of hair+makeup how-to’s, nail trends, skin issues, tools, current obsessions & inspirations, as well as countless quick tips. In the process we are truly excited to get to know all of you! We want  to read your emails and we want you to participate in our voting polls so we can figure out exactly what you need! We want to make beauty as accessible as possible. We’re releasing new things every day including videos, printable photo tutorials and exclusive images of our lovely Lauren Conrad. Don’t forget to bookmark thebeautydepartment.com and check back every day for your daily dose of pretty!"

I know I could definitely use a daily dose of pretty...Love it!

5 comments:

  1. Bookmarking that site immediately. Can't wait to try out some of the hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you today when I saw that RueLaLa had a bunch of yoga stuff on sale. If you don't already belong, I think you can use this link and get $20 free! :) http://www.ruelala.com/invite/mstevens19 I'm contemplating getting the travel set and/or the towel because both look really cool. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pinksundrops- isn't it fun?! I could totally see you with a lot of hairstyles etc because Lauren is such a laid back California style. Naturally pretty but can glam it up :)

    @AnEarly30- I love love RueLaLa...unfortunately only available to use billing to a USA address (like too many other things I love :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, there goes two hours of my morning. ;) So fun! Love that Lauren.

    ReplyDelete