Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fingers Crossed for a new Lauren Conrad show to find a way to air!

So in random TV news.
Remember when I wrote about Lauren's new upcoming reality show on MTV here or when I wrote about how much I admire her here.
Well her new show that was filming was probably the show I was most excited to see EVER.  I always really enjoy Lauren Conrad's shows, fashion and books.

So when the new show was filming I was so excited!
Then I heard that MTV decided NOT to air it.
Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is MTV's statement. (from Here)

“She did do a pilot. There were talks about whether we could somehow manage to put together a special based on that footage but that’s also a big question mark based on her interest in that and the finances. We love her! We would love her on our network. It was a great attempt but it just didn’t feel like a perfect fit for us now.”


Interesting enough Lauren released her own statement over why it wasn't going to air any more.  AND I have to say so super proud of her to stand up for herself and state her own opinions. (from here)

“We sold a show to MTV, filmed it and are really proud of the final result,” Conrad tells Gossip Cop in a statement. However, she adds, ”MTV felt the subject matter was too high brow for their audience and offered me the opportunity to change the show by incorporating more of my personal life.”
As opposed to “The Hills,” which followed the reality star and her friends as they partied around Hollywood, the thrust of the yanked show was Conrad’s work as a fashion designer.
We agreed going into the project that this show would be an aspirational one, focusing on my career and my goals and not my personal relationships,” Conrad says. “We delivered the show that we sold and are sorry MTV didn’t feel their viewers were savvy enough to appreciate it.”

I love that she addresses this issue.  Also I think that it is a different audience that would like this show (like ME!!! even though I totally watched the Hills and Laguna Beach too but I think I would actually like this more because I love Project Runway and the parts of the other shows that shower her fashion, etc).
Also I love love LOVE the opening that was released for the show...it is so pretty and fun and different.


I reallly hope that a network picks up this show because I think it will be AMAZING.
Fingers crossed.
Go Lauren!



Pics from here: http://fashionista.com/2011/02/lauren-conrad-on-her-new-line-her-canceled-mtv-reality-show-and-that-rumor-that-whitney-port-blamed-her-for-the-demise-of-the-city/,

4 comments:

  1. haha, Lauren is my bf's celebrity cheat. He's rooting for her show to air too!! (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw a bunch of her line at Kohl's online the other day and love it! It is reasonably priced but shopping isn't in the budget right now, but if I had a little extra cash, I would scoop up a bunch of her new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could a network not pick it up? She's totally adorable and awesome and, damnit, now I'm all excited about this show that may or not be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Thisisme- how funny! She is one of those girls that usually more girls than boys think she is pretty (I think because she is more fashion forward).
    @AnEarly30-ohhhh I'm so jealous that they are at Kohl's! Hmmm I don't think we have Kohl's in Canada and that is totally unfortunate.
    @A-I know right?! Guess it needed to be more Jersey Shore-esque to get a renewal. Here's hoping a network picks it up! My fingers are totally crossed and I've been looking forward to it for months.

    ReplyDelete