Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Closed doors and such...

So remember the Teagan and Taylor ruin Toronto trip... well we probably had like a million conversations about a million different things.  Including about lyrics in songs and a particularly bad realization about something (more about that later...I will tell you it has to do with Spencer).

I'm especially a sucker for cheesy songs and ones with "story" type lyrics...but for some reason the only kind of country I care for is Taylor Swift (likely because I'm told by my country loving friends she is pop not country).  Anywho...we were driving along when Firework came on the radio and Taylor said this song reminded her of me.

Isn't that just the sweetest nicest thing?!
So I definitely need to remember these lyrics when I'm feeling like all the doors are closed.


Now I generally do love all of Katy Perry's music.
I do think sometimes her style is...odd (like latex dresses or California Girls video where she has whipped cream spraying from her chest).  However I did find the video below hilarious...where she called out a "popular" boy from her high school days and dedicated a song to him.

Firework by Katy Perry

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?
Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?

Do you ever feel already buried deep?
Six feet under screams, but no one seems to hear a thing
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you?

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby, you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
As you shoot across the sky

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
As you shoot across the sky

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
As you shoot across the sky

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colors burst
Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
You're gonna leave 'em falling down

Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
I got the lyrics off http://www.metrolyrics.com/firework-lyrics-katy-perry.html

5 comments:

  1. I think of you EVERY TIME I hear it!!!! I love this song! And all of her others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that song!! It's one of my favorite songs on the radio right now. And Katy Perry is coming to Austin in July - I'm so tempted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Goldilocks- such a good song! xo

    @pinksundrops- oooohhhhh Katy Perry in July you should go! I hear she does an great live show (and actually sings!) This year seems to be her year with all the songs. I loved what she did a the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Go so I can live vicariously through you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've convinced me. I checked out the tickets and they go on sale January 29th, so cross your fingers for me!

    Also, for some reason your stylish blogger award post showed up on my reader, but not here. LOVE all the blogs you linked to! It's fun to see more of your style. And now I have more pretty blogs to read, yay! I love Young House Love as well - they are so inspiring.

    I have some other comments on the other things you mentioned, but just in case you took the post down for a reason I won't say them yet, except for one thing. It's not shallow. I'm pretty sure that's a normal feeling at this point in our (meaning I'm getting to that point, too) lives - untrue, but normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited and jealous of you going! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Yes it will pop up but at a later day (oopsie!) I'm trying to get ahead because I have a test to prep for and need to focus on that but want to keep the blog going. Cannot wait to read your comments on it.

    Thanks for the comment but ughhh I am totally feeling like I've bypassed my "best" years in terms of looks. One of those things where you should enjoy the moment you are in versus being unhappy with yourself. I really need to learn that lesson haha and start to apply it. When I look back at stuff I wish I felt more confident in how I looked instead of ripping myself apart etc. At least I'm conscious of it now. Just like you! I always brag when I show pictures of you to my friends as in can you believe she has children and has this FABULOUS body. Everyone thinks you look like an Abercrombie model! Its the Cali relaxed surfer girl rocking body, great smile and natural beauty in a perfect combo :) xo

    ReplyDelete