Trip to see Taylor!!!!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Tarte!

So it is Holiday season.  I have had some AMAZING holiday seasons in Texas.  Most of my memories around those holiday are with my bestie Taylor.  One of our FAVOURITE things to do during the holidays is check out the glam holiday makeup packages in Sephora.  I think we could spend hours there.  AND the very very best staff are at the Sephora at Northpark Mall in Dallas.  We could argue the merits of different shape mascara wands with any of them.  So I was feeling kind of glum about missing this holiday season with Taylor.  And then I realized Sephora had opened in Canada.  So last weekend a few of us girls were in that mall.  And I came across the Tarte Holiday Pack which is dubbed "The Jewellery Box" for 2010.  I instantly fell in love! One of my favourite things about about my 2008 Holiday Tarte Pack is that I used it ALL the time...it travelled with me from USA to Thailand to Indonesia to South Korea toMalaysia to Singapore and back to North American again and NOTHING cracked, split or broke.  And that is a lot of humidity and pressure changes which has made me a fan of Tarte makeup.

And just for fun here is the definition from thefreedictionary.com

tart 1  (tärt)
adj. tart·er, tart·est
1. Having a sharp pungent taste; sour. See Synonyms at sour.
2. Sharp or bitter in tone or meaning; cutting.

[Middle English, from Old English teart, severe; see der- in Indo-European roots.]

tartly adv.
tartness n.


tart 2  (tärt) n.
1. a. A pastry shell with shallow sides, no top crust, and any of various fillings.
b. Chiefly British A pie.
2. a. A prostitute.
b. A woman considered to be sexually promiscuous.
tr.v. tart·ed, tart·ing, tarts Chiefly British
To dress up or make fancy in a tawdry, garish way. Often used with up.

[Middle English tarte, from Old French, perhaps alteration of tartane, from Late Latin torta, a kind of bread.]
The 2010 Holiday "Jewellery Box" by Tarte

Shadows !

Shadows and Eyeliners!

The Powder and Bronzer...and my beautiful (and saturated) lip glosses!

This is the "free" necklace that is attached to the Jewellery Box...well don't be decieved it is only the shorter grouped necklaces and they really are not my fav.
What I love about this particular "Jewellery Box" is the 16 matte AND 16 sparkly eyeshadows.  So many times with the holiday packs they are all sparkly and sometimes that just doesn't translate to daywear.  There are also 5 shimmery jewel toned eyeliners that I can't wait to try.  There 8 glosses also look like I could probably wear all the shades because they are more saturated instead of all shear and looking the exact same on.  Again there is the powder and bronzer that I like (but not love from tarte...like most bronzers a little too glittery for me but hey its hard to find a bronzer with no glitter).  The two things missing are the brushes but I didn't use them that much anyways so I don't miss them in this 2010 kit.  I found a new blog I love and will start to watch called the Make-Up Junkie and they did a fab review
and I got some of those great photos above from there.  One of my girls Quinn liked the idea so much she got one too.  And we both agreed though that the tacky necklace attached to the front would not be worn in public.  I will have to blog much more about Quinn later but one thing lately is she is doing such a great job with her makeup lately!  I have the most GORGEOUS friends :)
xoxo
Teagan

No comments:

Post a Comment